Nightguards for Bruxism – North Raleigh, NC
No More Damage
from Tooth Grinding
Bruxism (more commonly known as teeth grinding) is a very common condition, with some studies suggesting that nearly one in three adults are victims of it. Even worse, a small amount of that group suffers from such intense symptoms that their teeth can be reduced to nubs over time, requiring complex reconstructive surgery. Thankfully, Dr. Philip Lisk can provide valuable support and protection from bruxism with a customized oral appliance known as a nightguard. Our North Raleigh team’s goal is to get you back to enjoying strong, healthy teeth as soon as possible.
Why Choose Dr. Philip A. Lisk for Nightguards for Bruxism?
- Every Oral Appliance Carefully Customized
- Meticulous, Detail-Oriented Dental Care
- Expertly Individualized Treatment Plans
What are the Bruxism Symptoms?
There are many underlying reasons why bruxism might occur in a person, including stress, an improper bite, or a health problem like sleep apnea. Here are some tell-tale signs to look out for:
- Teeth that are inexplicably worn or damaged over time
- Increased tooth sensitivity
- Discomfort/pain that’s located in the jaw or face
- Pain that seems very similar to an earache
- Constant headaches
- Noticeable indentations on your tongue
- Oral damage/bleeding located on the inside of your cheek
Consequences of Bruxism
Bruxism may seem relatively harmless at first, but untreated cases lead to severe, lasting damage for oral health and overall wellbeing. Possible problems include:
- Significant tooth pain
- Teeth becoming loose over time and separating from the gums
- Teeth becoming susceptible to fracturing
- The loss of crucial tooth structure and enamel
- Receding gum line
- The increased risk of developing TMJ disorder
Dental Nightguard Therapy
Most patients who suffer from bruxism experience it while asleep, which makes it even harder to combat without outside help. Thankfully, Dr. Lisk is here to provide the professional support you need. By wearing a customized nightguard, patients both protect tooth enamel from wear and provide important cushioning for jaw muscles. Over time, many patients find that not only are their symptoms reduced by using a nightguard, but their teeth grinding episodes actually occur less often and with less intensity.
A hurting smile doesn’t have to be the norm any longer. Instead, contact Dr. Lisk and his team in North Raleigh, NC to schedule a first appointment for you or a loved one. We also welcome new patients from Knightdale, Cary, Morrisville, Westerfield, and other surrounding areas.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I am Worried about Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Want to Improve My Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I Want to Learn about Sleep Apnea I am Experiencing Neck/Jaw Pain I am in Pain & Need Help View Our Services